- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
University Of California, Los Angeles
Latest University Of California, Los Angeles Items
A few hours after Steve Sarkisian was hired by Southern California, the coach bounded up the steps of the palatial McKay Center and went to work on getting the Trojans back to national title contention.
UCLA agreed to a six-year extension with football coach Jim Mora on Tuesday night, putting him under contract through 2019.
Steve Sarkisian was named the head coach at Southern California on Monday, leaving Washington to return to the Trojans' storied football program for another run at national titles.
He'll be the permanent replacement for Lane Kiffin, who was fired earlier in the season and replaced on an interim basis by Ed Orgeron. The Trojans went 6-2 under Orgeron.
Washington's Steve Sarkisian has accepted the Southern California coaching job, a person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press.
I confess. I'm a bargain hunter with the best of them. Why spend a dollar more when a better price is just across the mall or on the next website? I'd easily trade an extra few minutes in line (or online) for the best price on a gift that's just perfect for someone I really love.
Adult children are relying more on their older, and wealthier, parents to make ends meet in difficult economic times.
After taking over as the starter with five games remaining last season, Hogan, a redshirt sophomore, led Stanford to victories over UCLA in the Pac-12 championship game and Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. He won his first 10 starts, has thrown three touchdown passes in a game three times and has won all eight games Stanford has played against a ranked opponent.
Scholarships help many students who can't afford college to get ahead — but now some universities are beginning to take a percentage of the money donated for these funds, leaving less for students.