- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
University Of California
Latest University Of California Items
More Latino than white students in California have been offered admission to the state's premier public universities for the first time, officials said Friday, a milestone that reflects the diverse racial makeup of a state where Latino children represent a majority of students in public schools.
It was 100 years ago this month that the first nationally affiliated fraternity appeared on the University of Nevada campus, and proud alumni of the Delta Xi Chapter of Sigma Nu will be making their way to Reno from around the country to commemorate the milestone.
The same police officer who heroically helped save kidnapping victim Jaycee Lee Dugard from her 18-year captivity is now fighting in court for the right to carry a concealed weapon, accusing her former University of California-Berkeley employer of disregarding state law and denying the permit.
In a story April 5 about how few high school students are eligible for California's public universities, The Associated Press erroneously reported the methodology that UCLA professor John Rogers used to estimate the percentage that fail to meet entrance requirements. Rogers factored in students who dropped out or did not graduate in four years, rather than removing them from the equation.
While 16-year-old Thrin Short was participating in an exercise of her First Amendment rights, Mireille Miller-Young and some of her students approached Ms. Short and challenged her. There would not have been a problem if the challenge had been limited to a discourse on the pros and cons of abortion. But that is never good enough for a liberal. Liberals cannot allow another opinion to be expressed.
A planned strike by thousands of University of California hospital workers was averted after contract talks yielded a deal, officials said Sunday.
Nearly one-quarter of University of California students, staff and faculty members say they have felt excluded, intimidated or on the receiving end of hostile or offensive behavior while at school or work, according to results from a survey released Wednesday. The survey represents the public college system's most comprehensive attempt to date to gauge the climate at its 10 campuses and major off-campus offices.
Bowing to pressure from within their party, Democrats in the Legislature on Monday abandoned an attempt to repeal California's voter-approved ban on affirmative action in the state's higher education system.
University of California students who drink coffee to get through the day will soon be able to study the science behind the beverage.