- George W. Bush to embattled Alabama kicker: You will be stronger
- Megachurch pastor with ties to Obama commits suicide
- WaPo to readers: Send us your ‘gun violence’ stories for Sandy Hook anniversary
- U.S. threatens Ukraine with sanctions over dispatch of riot police
- Canada doing away with door-to-door mail delivery by 2018
- NSA chief defends phone spying: ‘There is no other way’
- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
University Of Connecticut
Latest University Of Connecticut Items
Earlier this month, the left-wing magazine the Nation highlighted Joe Therrien as a symbol of the Occupy Wall Street movement. A New York City public-school drama teacher, Mr. Therrien was frustrated with the shortcomings of the school system. So he quit his job and "set off to the University of Connecticut to get a Master of Fine Arts degree in his passion - puppetry." Three years and $35,000 in student-loan debt later, Mr. Therrien returned home, only to find he couldn't land a full-time job. Apparently, a master's in puppetry doesn't provide the competitive edge in the marketplace he'd hoped for.
Changes in NCAA rules adopted Thursday would keep defending national champion Connecticut from participating in the 2013 NCAA men's basketball tournament.
Yale sophomore Andrew Hendricks has become used to receiving strange looks when he crosses the Ivy League campus in his Air Force uniform.
UConn coach Geno Auriemma thinks that the Big East conference's realignment issues could have been solved years ago with one simple move _ Notre Dame's football team joining the league.
Actress and humanitarian activist Mia Farrow says she has donated videotapes, artifacts and other items from her advocacy in Sudan's Darfur region to the University of Connecticut.
The Atlantic Coast Conference has extended its northern reach, adding Pittsburgh and Syracuse. Now the question becomes, will the league stop there _ or keep growing to 16?
University of Connecticut officials say they've rescheduled the football team's home game against Fordham to Saturday at Rentschler Field.
NFL doctors and experts in heat-related illnesses have spoken with each NFL team this week.
A picture hangs in Bill McDermott's basement that his son treasures more than any other.