- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
University Of Minnesota
Latest University Of Minnesota Items
The prospect of winter football's return to Minnesota _ the mountains of snow, the vapor of exhaled breath, the courageous fans braving the elements _ sounds great to the NFL.
The NFL said it's moving forward with plans to play Monday night's Vikings-Bears game at the University of Minnesota's outdoor stadium despite concerns about the site ranging from field conditions to player safety.
Ticket-holders for the Bears-Vikings game will be seated at TCF Bank Stadium on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Vikings say NFL officials are touring TCF Bank Stadium at the University of Minnesota to make sure the facility is safe for fans.
Workers are scrambling to remove snow from bleachers, concourses and the field at the University of Minnesota stadium in time for Monday night's Vikings game with the Chicago Bears.
Vikings fans are being asked to help dig out the University of Minnesota campus stadium in time for Monday night's Vikings game with the Chicago Bears.
Backed by dump trucks and loaders, dozens of workers hoisting shovels and blowers attacked the snowdrifts covering the University of Minnesota's stadium Wednesday in a determined push to have it ready to replace the snow-damaged Metrodome for Monday night's game between the Vikings and Bears.
The University of Minnesota put out a call Wednesday for fans and volunteers willing to shovel snow at TCF Bank Stadium to get it ready to host the Vikings and Bears next week in place of the snow-damaged Metrodome.
A team of engineers and workers undertook a major inspection of damage to the Metrodome's collapsed roof on Tuesday, as its owners faced a decision on whether to push ahead on repairs in an attempt to make the aging stadium usable for the next Minnesota Vikings game in just six days.