- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
University Of Nebraska System
Latest University Of Nebraska System Items
The Boston Police Department wants to deploy drones during next year's running of the city's marathon to have "eyes in the sky." But what about journalists using drones? I will admit I am skeptical about reporters using a drone — technically known as an unmanned aerial vehicle.
Ruby-throated hummingbirds are migrating to North America weeks earlier than in decades past, and research indicates that higher temperatures in their winter habitat may be the reason.
Here comes the fly-by media. Preliminary use of diminutive drones is under way among those who see the potential of drones in news gathering, not to mention invasive "gotcha"-style journalism.
All those cheeky, annoying, occasionally profane emails sent out by the Obama for America campaign are going nowhere.
NASCAR will go back to the dirt for the first time since 1970 when the Truck Series visits Eldora Speedway in Ohio.
In an election filled with disappointments for Republicans, the closely watched U.S. Senate race in Nebraska provided a rare bright spot.
Shawn Eichorst resigned as Miami's athletic director on Thursday, the latest blow to a department bracing to be hit by NCAA sanctions, said a person with knowledge of the situation.
A former University of Nebraska women's basketball star faked an attack in which she is said to have carved anti-gay slurs into her skin because she felt it would spark change, police said Tuesday.
Already down in the polls, Democrat Bob Kerrey's hopes to reclaim his old Nebraska Senate seat may have taken another hit after his wife, former Saturday Night Live writer Sarah Paley, penned a biting piece for July's Vogue magazine that some view as insulting to the Cornhusker State.