- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
- Ben Affleck: Fundraising for Democrats started to ‘feel gross’
- Vladimir Putin orders military to boost presence in Arctic
- Brooklyn, N.Y.: ‘Lesbian capital’ of the Northeast
- Elian Gonzalez: It’s America’s fault that my mother died
University Of Northern Iowa
Latest University Of Northern Iowa Items
A former University of Northern Iowa student who claimed administrators treated her poorly after she was sexually assaulted by football players in 2004 will receive $50,000 to drop her lawsuit, according to the terms of an agreement released Tuesday.
Cedar Falls is not known for controversy. The pleasant Midwestern town, mainly known as the location of the University of Northern Iowa, rarely makes news and violent crime beyond college mischief is rare.
Earnest graduates will not get much encouragement from conservatives in the next few days. They'll get a liberal earful, for the most part: a new analysis by Young Americas Foundation found that out of 51 high-profile commencement speakers appearing on the nation's campuses this season, only 13 were conservative.
Since Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker ignited a nation-gripping battle with his law eliminating most collective-bargaining rights for public employees, anti-union pressure has spread even to neighboring states where the political stars aren't so perfectly aligned.
A Black Hawk County magistrate has found Washington Redskins guard Chad Rinehart guilty of public intoxication in connection with a January encounter with University of Northern Iowa police.