- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
University Of Notre Dame
Latest University Of Notre Dame Items
The Catholic Church may be officially opposed to abortion and contraception, but a report by a Catholic education watchdog group contends that it has found more than 150 instances of links between U.S. Catholic colleges and universities and Planned Parenthood, the nation's leading family planning organization and the largest provider of abortion-related services.
Texas A&M's Danielle Adams is not the person she was two years ago, much to her delight.
In mid-October, the Archdiocese of Omaha denounced the Intercessors of the Lamb, sending a bus to the compound to whisk away 50 or so members to a retreat 70 miles away.
An Indiana prosecutor said Monday that he is reviewing a case involving a student who reportedly accused a Notre Dame football player of sexual battery.
In the midst of highly polarized moments, President Obama frequently calls for pursuing "common ground" between those involved - an ideal we all seek and an attempt to set himself above the political fray. Most recently, Mr. Obama used his post-election news conference to call for finding common ground for legislative action that will "move the American people's agenda forward" during the lame-duck session of Congress.
The president of the University of Notre Dame sent an e-mail to students, faculty, staff and alumni Friday saying that the school is responsible for a student videographer's death because it failed to protect him.
Workplace safety officials on Thursday were investigating the death of a Notre Dame student who was videotaping football practice when the tower he was in toppled as high wind gusts swept through Indiana.
Engaging the culture war directly, President Obama made a plea Sunday at the University of Notre Dame for both sides to talk to each other with "open hearts, open minds, fair-minded words" on abortion and other fiery issues.
Protesting pro-life leaders have been arrested, Catholic bishops have objected and some students have promised a boycott when President Obama gives a commencement address today at the University of Notre Dame.