- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
University Of Oregon
Latest University Of Oregon Items
The state Board of Higher Education has endorsed "with conditions" the formation of self-governing boards at Southern Oregon and Eastern Oregon universities.
On Tuesday night, George Bundy Wasson, a retired educator, was recounting legends of his Coquille Tribe in a storytelling session at the University of Oregon.
The NCAA also reduced Oregon's official paid visits from 56 to 37 for the next three academic years, reduced its evaluation days for each of the next three seasons and banned the program from using recruiting services during the probation period.
Oregon will lose one scholarship each of the next three seasons and was placed on probation for three years for recruiting violations under former coach Chip Kelly, but avoided a bowl ban under NCAA sanctions issued on Wednesday.
The NCAA stripped Oregon of a scholarship in each of the next two seasons and placed the program on probation for three years, opting against stiffer penalties like a bowl ban despite issuing a show-cause order against former coach Chip Kelly, who apologized to the school, its fans and it players.
The University of Oregon has acknowledged major NCAA violations in connection with football recruiting and proposed a self-imposed two-year probation with the loss of one scholarship in each of the next three years, according to documents released by the school.
Oregon Ducks coach Chip Kelly has suspended Cliff Harris indefinitely after the cornerback was cited for speeding while driving with a suspended license.
The University of Oregon and coach Chip Kelly have agreed to a contract extension through 2015 that is worth $20.5 million.