- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - University Of Virginia
The ruling applies to U.S. airspace below 400 feet and could open the door for commercial drone use by companies such as Amazon, which has said it's eyeing the craft as a cost-effective way to deliver packages.
Isaiah Wilkins scored 29 points to lead undefeated Greater Atlanta Christian to a 58-55 win over Calhoun in the GHSA Class AA boys state championship game at the Macon Coliseum.
A federal judge has dismissed the Federal Aviation Administration's only fine against a commercial drone user on the grounds that the small drone was no different than a model aircraft, a decision that appears to undermine the agency's power to keep a burgeoning civilian drone industry out of the skies.
In a story March 4 about an appeals court affirming the second-degree murder conviction of former University of Virginia lacrosse player, The Associated Press reported the victim's family had sued U.Va. and athletics employees. That lawsuit had been withdrawn and a second one is still pending.
Virginia's foreign-born population grew from one in 100 in 1970 to one in nine in 2012, University of Virginia researchers said Tuesday.
Attorneys for the Chevy Chase, Md., man argued that Huguely was denied his 6th Amendment right to counsel when one of his lawyers fell ill during his February 2012 trial in Charlottesville.
Gov. Terry McAuliffe went to the heart of coal country in one of the state's poorest regions Tuesday to make the case that Virginia needs to expand Medicaid eligibility to about 400,000 low-income residents.
In the latest episode of 'Baseball in The District' Aaron Fitt of Baseball America joins Chase and Tim to talk about Lucas Giolito and the rest of the Nats farm system.
The FBI placed a human source in direct contact with Osama bin Laden in 1993 and ascertained that the al Qaeda leader was looking to finance terrorist attacks in the United States.
A former AAU basketball coach has been sentenced to four years and nine months in prison for defrauding a former University of Virginia basketball player.
Students who live on campus at the University of Virginia will pay more for housing and dining.
The University of Virginia is planning to offer master's degree programs in data science and European studies.
Master's degree programs in data science and European studies have been proposed at the University of Virginia.
The mother of a University of Virginia lacrosse player slain by her boyfriend is urging Congress to create a day to increase awareness of dating violence.
Martin Luther King Jr.'s daughter recently walked up to the pulpit of the Atlanta church where her father preached and, in a painful public display, dissociated herself from her brothers.