- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
University Of Virginia
Latest University Of Virginia Items
Virginia Attorney General Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II says a judge's order compelling the University of Virginia to turn over thousands of pages of climate-change research will likely alter his own battle for the long-sought documents.
Former Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine says he is not sure whether he has the authority to release documents from his gubernatorial archives that could provide details about his decision to transfer convicted murderer Jens Soering to the custody of German authorities.
"Pleasure, man," Michael Harvey said, extending his hand to playing partner Adam Ochs. "Sorry it was not our day."
Former Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine's last-minute attempt to return an imprisoned murderer to his native Germany, where he likely would have been freed in two years, is threatening to emerge as a key early issue in one of the most anticipated U.S. Senate races next year.
Earnest graduates will not get much encouragement from conservatives in the next few days. They'll get a liberal earful, for the most part: a new analysis by Young Americas Foundation found that out of 51 high-profile commencement speakers appearing on the nation's campuses this season, only 13 were conservative.
Tiki Barber insists his attempt to return to the NFL after four years in retirement is not about money.
An honor society that bears the name of one of Edgar Allan Poe's major works is planning to renovate the room where the renowned poet and mystery writer lived during his short stint as a student at the University of Virginia.
D.C. Council members on Monday voted to accept an interim report designed to combat student truancy, a rampant problem that is linked to crime in city neighborhoods and public transit systems.
Grace Elizabeth Hale's "A Nation of Outsiders" is two books in one. The first is a work that displays an astonishing amount of research, a tour-de-force narrative summary of 20th century events as diverse as the civil rights movement, the New Left, the New Right and the Jesus People.