- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
University Of Virginia
Latest University Of Virginia Items
Scientists who hunt for "intelligence genes" used to think there were fewer than half a dozen of them.
Denis Kudla's birth certificate is from the Ukraine, but the 18-year-old tennis player is a Washingtonian at heart. His parents moved to Fairfax when he was 1, and he has called Arlington home for the past five years.
The Mystics' 3-11 start prompted Washington to shake up its roster Monday, adding veteran forward DeMya Walker and letting go of rookies Ta'Shia Phillips and Karima Christmas.
Parents and students are bracing for a new round of sticker shock this fall as public colleges and universities are hiking prices again, this time to make up for massive cuts in state budgets.
Whitney Neuhauser has played in some big golf tournaments. In addition to competing in numerous college events, the 2010 University of Virginia graduate reached the quarterfinals of the 2008 U.S. Women's Amateur, got to the third round of match play in the 2009 U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links and won the 2009 VSGA Women's Amateur Championship.
McDonnell the pragmatist; D.C. online gambling is legal; ACLU inconsistent on petition objections; D.C. fire alters course; D.C. budget in flux (again); Liquor tax more than advertised; Grasmick's last day; D.C. drivers love cameras
After spending a campaign defending socially conservative views that some feared might alienate independent voters and failing to win General Assembly support on two of his major initiatives, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell nevertheless has scored notable bipartisan victories and emerged by some accounts as Virginia's most popular statewide political figure.
Casting herself as a constitutional conservative, Rep. Michele Bachmann, Minnesota Republican, kicked off her presidential campaign Monday, vowing to be a voice for "reasonable, fair-minded" Americans and to leave a better future for generations by reducing the size of the federal government.
Two interim heads of D.C. agencies have been accused of playing fast and loose with the rules in recent weeks.