- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - University Of Washington
A man who was arrested near the University of Washington in a stolen truck with stolen guns and six Molotov cocktails was sentenced Thursday in federal court in Seattle to three years in prison.
The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday.
A magnitude 3 quake at 7:48 a.m. Thursday under the Kitsap Peninsula was barely felt.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will be in Seattle next month to talk abour her memoir.
Two years ago, when Washington's Supreme Court was reviewing the death sentence assigned to a black man accused of raping and murdering a 65-year-old woman, Justice Charles Wiggins found himself troubled by numbers.
Students in Washington state could be among the first to go to college without having to worry about paying tuition up front.
The state's housing market softened in the fourth quarter of 2013 compared to the quarter before, but remained stronger than a year ago.
In the crowded south Lake Union neighborhood where Amazon.com workers go out for espresso, an ice age mammoth died 10,000 years ago and remained until Tuesday, when a plumbing contractor crew uncovered its tusk.
The Peace Corps says the University of Washington, Western Washington University and Gonzaga are among the best places in the nation for recruiting volunteers.
A new study says late-night smartphone use can interfere with sleeping — and diminishes productivity at work.
A former maintenance worker at a Jewish student center near the University of Washington campus in Seattle was taken to a hospital on Monday afternoon after police say he threatened to blow up the building.
George Hugo Boldt was not a man anyone would mistake for a revolutionary.
Former REI chief executive Sally Jewell, who left Seattle last year to become secretary of the Interior Department, was back in her hometown Tuesday to talk about climate change in the Northwest.
Seismologists say a minor earthquake has occurred near Tacoma.
With shouts, cheers and fireworks, Seattle residents celebrated a dominant victory in the Super Bowl - the city's first major sports championship in more than 30 years.