- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Ups Inc.
The Dow logged its best start to the year in almost two decades.
FedEx and UPS have disclosed they are targets of a federal criminal investigation related to their dealings with online pharmacies, which are at the center of an international crackdown on prescription drug abuse.
UPS Inc. is re-examining safety in its planes after the Dubai government's civil aviation authority released a report Sunday on the crash of a UPS Boeing 747 last year.
Stocks surged Thursday after another strong batch of earnings reports revived optimism about the economic recovery. Encouraging signs of growth in Europe added to the upbeat mood.