- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Latest Uruguay Items
The sun came out, the United States kicked into another gear, and weary Uruguay couldn't keep up.
Uruguay's drug czar says every legal marijuana plant in Uruguay will be registered and tracked using radio frequency tags, and that state-grown marijuana will be cloned to include genetic markers, making sure that what's grown here, stays here.
President Obama is looking for ways to empty 154 detainees from Guantanamo Bay and he just found a taker for five of them: Uruguay.
Pele is counting on Neymar to lead Brazil to a World Cup title and erase the painful memory of the last time the country hosted the tournament.
Midfielder Alvaro Pereira scored a second-half equalizer to help Uruguay draw 1-1 with Austria in the South Americans' World Cup warmup game on Wednesday.
Carlos Paez Vilaro, a self-trained painter, sculptor, screenwriter, musician and architect who championed Afro-Uruguayan Candombe music and dance, created colorful murals in dozens of cities around the world, and built a huge "living sculpture" that became an iconic 50-room hotel, died on Monday. He was 90.
A state lawmaker wants Hawaii to consider allowing farmers to grow marijuana for export to other nations as a way to raise tax revenue, but it's far from clear who would buy it and whether the federal government would even allow it.
Uruguay's push to legalize marijuana is about halfway there, as one side of the country's congress voted in favor of the proposal just minutes before midnight on Wednesday.
The Associated Press is following events in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday. The Confederations Cup final between Spain and Brazil kicks off at 7 p.m. local time (2200 GMT). Follow this live feed for updates: