- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
U.S. Coast Guard
Latest U.S. Coast Guard Items
Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was discharged from the U.S. Coast Guard prior to joining the Army, according to a Coast Guard memo to Congress that sheds new light on the career back story of the soldier at the center of the controversial five-for-one U.S.-Taliban prisoner swap.
Shipping traffic remains suspended along a stretch of the St. Lawrence Seaway in northern New York as salvage efforts get underway for a grounded freighter.
US Coast Guard: Hull of missing British yacht found off Massachusetts, still no sign of 4 crew.
The U.S. Coast Guard will suspend its search for a British yacht missing in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean by midnight Friday if efforts by American, British and Canadian rescuers turn up no signs of the 40-foot Cheeki Rafiki or its four-member crew, an official in Boston said Thursday.
The search for a sailboat missing in the Gulf of Mexico has been called off.
The U.S. Coast Guard rescued two people after a good Samaritan spotted them standing on their overturned fishing kayak off the north Florida coastline.
The U.S. Coast Guard says boating fatalities are down in Alaska and nationwide.
The U.S. Coast Guard has resumed the search for four sailors whose yacht apparently capsized in the mid-Atlantic, after Britain appealed for a renewed effort.
The families of four missing British yachtsmen pleaded Monday for the U.S. Coast Guard to resume searching for the men, whose boat disappeared last week in the mid-Atlantic.