- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
U.S. Coast Guard
Latest U.S. Coast Guard Items
A floating island of debris broader than Texas has been crossing the Pacific Ocean toward the U.S. west coast since a devastating tsunami hit Japan in March 2011, killing nearly 16,000 people.
Maryland state police and federal agents used a search warrant in an unrelated criminal investigation to seize the private reporting files of an award-winning former investigative journalist for The Washington Times who had exposed problems in the Homeland Security Department's Federal Air Marshal Service.
Four women died and 10 people were taken into custody after a boat with more than a dozen people aboard — including Haitian and Jamaican nationals — capsized early Wednesday in the waters off South Florida.
A D.C. police boat struck at least two vessels on the Potomac River near Georgetown, causing one smaller boat to partially sink.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I retired from active duty in the U.S. Coast Guard on June 1, 2013, after 30 years of service. I then moved to the metro Cleveland, Ohio, area. I did not apply for TRICARE Prime since I was told that on Oct. 1, 2013, all retirees in this area will be forced onto TRICARE Standard.
Derek Jeter was greeted by balloons and silver tinsel decorating the parking-lot fence when he arrived at the Yankees' minor league complex on his birthday.
The U.S. Coast Guard sent rescuers by sea and by air, ordering out at least two patrol boats and diverting a HH060 Jayhawk helicopter from the Air Station Cape Cod, in a frenzied attempt to find a 19-year-old who fell off a Martha's Vineyard ferry ride Thursday night.
Hundreds of thousands of young men and women graduate from colleges and universities across the land this spring, and a small contingent of them put aside "the college joys" to take up the uniform of their country, many of them as part of the Reserve Officers Training Corps - ROTC, or "Rot-C," as it's called on many campuses.
A fire on a cruise ship off the Florida coast was contained early Monday, a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said.