- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
U.S. Coast Guard
Latest U.S. Coast Guard Items
Family members of a 24-year-old Briton reported missing from a Disney cruise ship last week planned to meet with investigators after the vessel returned to its home port in Los Angeles on Sunday.
Crisis counselors have been brought in to help stunned co-workers of a Costa Mesa maintenance worker who jumped to his death from the roof of City Hall an hour after he was called in to get his layoff notice.
A World War II-era letter addressed to a woman at a Red Cross hospital in California has been delivered nearly 70 years after its postmark in Alabama, but the mystery of the message remains.
Four people died and one was rescued Saturday after their boat capsized during a fishing trip on the Gulf of Mexico, according to Louisiana authorities.
Colombian authorities said they recovered 20 bodies — including those of two children — after a landslide in a poor Medellin suburb and that more than 100 people were missing and feared dead.
With his engine failing, the pilot of a single-engine plane managed to maneuver the craft and three passengers to a safe splashdown in the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday.
The BP oil-spill cleanup effort in the Gulf of Mexico came with a heavily advertised pledge to do what was necessary to alleviate the disaster, but contractors, subcontractors and local officials in the Louisiana parishes most affected say the company owes hundreds of millions of dollars for work already completed and has not paid some invoices in more than three months.