- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - U.S. Commerce Department
The United States Department of Commerce is the Cabinet department of the United States government concerned with promoting economic growth. It was originally created as the United States Department of Commerce and Labor on February 14, 1903. It was subsequently renamed to the Department of Commerce on March 4, 1913, and its bureaus and agencies specializing in labor were transferred to the new Department of Labor. - Source: Wikipedia
The U.S. Commerce Department is investigating allegations that Mexico is exporting far more sugar than it has in the past and selling it in the U.S. at below fair market price.
The University of Pittsburgh has tapped a U.S. Commerce Department official to be its next chancellor.
Shares of VeriSign. took a hit on Friday after the company released what one analyst called "expectedly lackluster" results and said that the U.S. Commerce Department and the Department of Justice were investigating its .com pricing terms.