- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
Topic - U.S. Commerce Department
The United States Department of Commerce is the Cabinet department of the United States government concerned with promoting economic growth. It was originally created as the United States Department of Commerce and Labor on February 14, 1903. It was subsequently renamed to the Department of Commerce on March 4, 1913, and its bureaus and agencies specializing in labor were transferred to the new Department of Labor. - Source: Wikipedia
The U.S. Commerce Department is investigating allegations that Mexico is exporting far more sugar than it has in the past and selling it in the U.S. at below fair market price.
The University of Pittsburgh has tapped a U.S. Commerce Department official to be its next chancellor.
Shares of VeriSign. took a hit on Friday after the company released what one analyst called "expectedly lackluster" results and said that the U.S. Commerce Department and the Department of Justice were investigating its .com pricing terms.