- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
U.S. Court Of Appeals
Latest U.S. Court Of Appeals Items
Close your eyes, reach into your wallet and try to distinguish between a $1 bill and a $5 bill. Impossible? It's also discriminatory, a federal appeals court says.
President Bush yesterday commuted the 30-month prison sentence of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, just hours after a federal appeals-court panel said the former White House aide could not remain free on bond pending an appeal.
President Bush today commuted the 30-month prison sentence of I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, just hours after a federal appeals court panel said the former White House aide could not remain free on bond pending an appeal.
Janice Rogers Brown, a conservative black circuit court judge appointed by President Bush over Democrats' objections, argued vehemently yesterday against police use of "generic racial descriptions" as justification for stopping people during an investigation.