- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - U.S. Department Of Education
The Rhode Island Senate will hold an economic summit focusing on ways that developing the workforce can address the state's lagging economy.
Mary Kamandala worried about her children.
The U.S. Department of Education's lead official on adult and technical education is returning to Rhode Island to highlight President Barack Obama administration's priorities on workforce development, education and training.
Federal education officials on Friday approved California's plan to roll out new computer-based standardized tests this spring, ending a months-long dispute that put the state at risk of sacrificing $1.5 billion in federal school funding.
The website for the University of Northern Virginia, which was shut down by the state of Virginia last year for lacking accreditation, has removed references to its new South Dakota main campus.
A group of current and former students at the University of California, Berkeley, have filed a federal complaint against the school over how it handles sexual assaults.
The cash-strapped Indianapolis Public Schools must provide more athletic opportunities for female students at six high schools to comply with Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education said Wednesday.
The U.S. Department of Education is investigating Michigan State University's response to sexual harassment and sexual assault complaints involving students on campus.
The newly installed acting president at Mid-Continent University says he expects the school to remain open through the end of the semester despite financial woes.
Four middle schools with magnet programs have taken almost all of the 400 slots for next year's ninth-grade class at Baton Rouge Magnet High School, angering the parents of children at other middle schools - particularly three with gifted programs.
Four people have been sentenced in a scheme to defraud the U.S. Department of Education and several universities.
Iowa is getting $3 million from the U.S. Department of Education to help turn around low-achieving schools.
As tuition costs rose over the last six years, a record number of California college students applied for financial aid, according to federal data reported by a newspaper.
The door to a hen house burst open on a chilly winter day and several south-central Kansas charter school students scrambled inside, squealing "Thank you!" to the chickens as they checked for eggs and replenished their grain.
Miss America 2014 is due on the Oklahoma State University campus next week to talk about the importance of science, technology, engineering and math education.