- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
U.S. Department Of Transportation
Latest U.S. Department Of Transportation Items
When anguished family members first called for information about their loved ones aboard a wrecked Asiana Airlines plane, instead of getting answers they had to navigate an automated reservation system.
In the first penalty of its kind, federal transportation officials on Tuesday docked Asiana Airlines $500,000 for failing to promptly contact passengers' families and keep them informed about their loved ones after a deadly crash last year at San Francisco International airport.
The U.S. Department of Transportation distributes some $4 billion a year in contracts reserved for minority-owned and other "disadvantaged" businesses, but conducts virtually no oversight and has no idea if the program is accomplishing any of its goals, a new inspector general's report found.
The administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration was placed on a leave of absence Monday after he was arrested and charged in Fairfax City over the weekend with driving while intoxicated.
Federal regulators have shut down East Coast discount bus service Sky Express after a crash Monday in Virginia that killed four people and sent more than 50 others to hospitals.
An East Coast discount bus service was near to being shut down by federal transportation authorities before a weekend crash in Virginia killed four people, but it was still operating because it received a 10-day extension to file its appeal, federal transportation authorities said Wednesday.