- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
- Rick Perry: Obama showed up after Hurricane Sandy, why not the Texas border?
- Alec Baldwin in talks to play Rob Ford-like mayor in new NBC drama
- Chinese hackers sought data on federal employees: report
- League City, Texas, votes 6-2 to ban processing of illegal kids
- Iraq tells U.N. that ‘terrorist groups’ have seized nuclear materials
- Houston dad suspected of shooting his 4 kids surrenders to police
Latest U.S. Fed Items
With Serena Williams and Sloane Stephens pulling out because of injuries, the U.S. Fed Cup team will field an inexperienced roster of Madison Keys, Alison Riske, Christina McHale and Lauren Davis against Italy.
The U.S. Fed Cup team's playoff against Sweden on April 20-21 will be played at the Delray Beach Tennis Center.
Sloane Stephens is pulling out of the U.S. Fed Cup team's upcoming first-round matches against Italy because of a strained abdominal muscle.
Serena Williams plans to play for the United States in two Fed Cup series next year, returning to a team she hasn't been a member of since 2007.
Venus Williams plans to travel with the U.S. Fed Cup team for its World Group playoff at Germany but is not expected to play because of an injured hip that has sidelined her since January.
Vania King is taking the U.S. Fed Cup roster spot originally expected to be filled by Venus Williams at next month's quarterfinal against Belgium.