- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (or NRC) is a United States government agency that was established by the Energy Reorganization Act in 1974 from the Atomic Energy Commission, and was first opened January 19, 1975. - Source: Wikipedia
Federal regulators are holding a public meeting to discuss activity at one of South Carolina's nuclear plants.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission is rejecting calls from watchdog groups and some U.S. senators to speed up moving spent nuclear fuel from the pools where most of it is stored.
Federal regulators have scheduled a public meeting to talk about their assessment of the Oconee Nuclear Station.
A recent decision brings a power company in Georgia a step closer to getting government-subsidized loans to build a new nuclear power plant.
A company proposing a uranium mine near Edgemont needs better studies to ensure that its operations won't hurt cultural and historic sites in the Black Hills, an attorney representing the Oglala Sioux Tribe said Tuesday.
Water with traces of a radioactive hydrogen isotope has leaked at a nuclear power plant in South Carolina, but federal regulators said Thursday workers and the public were not at risk.
The Kenai branch of a company authorized to use radiation to inspect pipe welds has suspended operations following a surprise federal review.
Federal regulators are scheduled to discuss an assessment of a nuclear power plant in South Carolina.
Federal officials are offering a chance for people to talk about safety at a nuclear plant in South Carolina.
A Missouri environmental group is urging federal regulators to hold off on issuing a 20-year extension for a central Missouri nuclear power plant until questions about future storage of fuel rods are answered.
A nuclear reactor at a Pennsylvania power plant has been shut down after the discovery of a leaky water valve.
One reactor at Dominion Virginia Power's North Anna power station is shut down following a pump malfunction.
A proposed uranium mine in southwestern South Dakota cleared a key regulatory hurdle Thursday when a federal agency issued a favorable environmental assessment of the project.
Recent earthquakes demonstrate the need for the nation's nuclear industry to re-evaluate the geologic hazards facing power plants, a process that has already started, the new chair of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission said this week.
Officials are investigating the events surrounding a power failure at a nuclear reactor in northern Illinois, but they believe they may have traced the cause to a piece of equipment at a switchyard.