- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
Latest Us Open Items
Rafael Nadal returned from a troublesome back injury to win the Rio Open on Sunday, defeating Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine 6-3, 7-6 (3).
Rafael Nadal showed no signs of a tender back Tuesday, defeating fellow Spaniard Daniel Gimeno-Traver 6-3, 7-5 in the first round of the Rio Open.
A capsule look at 20 players expected to contend in the PGA Championship Aug. 8-11 at Oak Hill Country Club (players listed in predicted order of finish):
The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
A capsule look at 20 contenders for the British Open golf championship, to be played July 18-21 at Muirfield (listed in predicted order of finish):
David Lynn is the Englishman who earned his PGA Tour card last year by finishing eight shots behind as the runner-up to Rory McIlroy at the PGA Championship. He can be racy on Twitter. And in his first year on the American tour, he already has done well enough to earn over $1.3 million and be No. 29 in the FedEx Cup standings.
Sixth-ranked Czech player Tomas Berdych heads a strong field that includes four top-20 players in the Chennai Open that starts on Monday.
Tim Tebow has been out with two broken ribs and maybe a bruised ego.
A capsule look at the European players for the 39th Ryder Cup matches, to be played Sept. 28-30 at Medinah Country Club in Medinah, Ill. Players listed in the order they made the team: