- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest SEC Items
Jim Tressel and Bobby Petrino dutifully posed in front of the Sugar Bowl trophy Monday, forcing smiles and mumbling a few pleasantries to each other while the cameras clicked away.
Even after Ohio State cornerback Chimdi Chekwa was told about the Buckeyes' bowl futility against teams from the Southeastern Conference, he had a hard time believing it.
Steve Spurrier's first game against former longtime rival Florida State in almost a decade has sparked old memories.
Cam Newton lifted Auburn from the back of the Top 25 to No. 1 in the nation.
Vanderbilt's commitment to excellence and academics and the chance to coach in the Southeastern Conference helped school officials lure James Franklin away from Maryland to become the Commodores' new coach.
Congratulations! Your coach got fired. Here's a bowl bid.
If ever a Congress epitomized the need for more accountability, it's the 111th lame-duck gang. Sorry, that's unfair to gangsters. With most Americans distracted by holiday plans, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, has sprung another Christmas surprise, vowing to ram through a far-left agenda in the waning days of 2010. Last year, he put a giant lump of coal in Americans' stockings with Christmas Eve passage of Obamacare.
Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl insists that if and when his Volunteers lose, it's going to be because they're outplayed and not because they don't have the right attitude.