- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Usa Hockey
Doug Weight, Bill Guerin, Peter Karmanos, Ron Mason and Cindy Curley are headed for the United States Hockey Hall of Fame.
Guerin was a two-time Stanley Cup champion and four-time NHL All-Star during. He and Weight helped the U.S. win silver at the 2002 Olympics. Weight won a Stanley Cup and was a four-time NHL All-Star.
The 42-year-old Bylsma is 201-92-25 in four-plus seasons with Pittsburgh and led the Penguins to the 2009 Stanley Cup. The Michigan native won the Jack Adams Award as the NHL Coach of the Year in 2011.
Ron Rolston will finish out the season as the Buffalo Sabres interim coach, taking over hours after Lindy Ruff was fired Wednesday amid growing criticism for the team's slow start.
Dustin Brown and Zach Parise were each 14 years old when Derian Hatcher became the first American-born captain to capture the Stanley Cup. That it hadn't happened before the Dallas Stars in 1999 came as a bit of a surprise to the young New Jersey Devils leader.
Four-time U.S. Olympic women's hockey player Angela Ruggiero has announced her retirement.
One of the greatest American hockey players is hanging up his skates for good.
Mike "Doc" Emrick is stepping down as the voice of the New Jersey Devils after 21 years.
When Garrett Haar was 3 years old, his parents asked him which sport he'd like to play — football, lacrosse or hockey. He doesn't remember the conversation or agreeing to take the path that included a set of skates, but that's how his hockey career started.
The NHL's board of governors is voting on the sale of the Buffalo Sabres to Terry Pegula, putting the Pennsylvania billionaire in a position to have control of the franchise by next week.
Funny, emotional and also humbled, Jeremy Roenick showed Thursday night that he could be as colorful and outspoken in retirement as he was during his 20-year NHL career.
Jeremy Roenick just can't stop himself from being emotional.
The Mayo Clinic is taking an in-depth look at hockey concussions. Not merely the ones that ended the Hall of Fame NHL careers of players such as Pat LaFontaine and Scott Stevens, but those being suffered by children, who are just learning to play the sport.
Jeremy Roenick and defensemen brothers Kevin and Derian Hatcher were selected Thursday for induction into the United States Hockey Hall of Fame.
Jeremy Roenick and brothers Kevin and Derian Hatcher are among five new members of the United States Hockey Hall of Fame.