- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
Latest Usccb Items
A conservative pro-life organization issued a lengthy report Wednesday claiming a Catholic charity is being unfaithful to the church's teachings by funding groups that promote birth control.
The author of the nation's laws to protect human-trafficking victims said Wednesday he supports Catholic bishops in their efforts to overturn a federal judge's ruling and correct what they view as an "abuse of power" by the Obama administration.
Reacting to an election-year firestorm, the White House on Friday shifted course on its health care contraception mandate, announcing that religious employers will not have to cover free birth control for their employees and that the responsibility would instead fall to private insurers.
Alarmed by what they see as deeper government intrusion into issues such as reproductive health care and gay marriage, the nation's Catholic bishops have created a committee to identify and resist threats to religious freedom.