- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Hillary Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Usmc War Memorial
Latest Usmc War Memorial Items
Pols ranging from mayors to mascot presidents have run — though none was as fast as the future Justice Clarence Thomas, who ran in 3:11:00 in 1980, well before he traded his running shorts for a robe on the high court.
Hundreds of thousands of young men and women graduate from colleges and universities across the land this spring, and a small contingent of them put aside "the college joys" to take up the uniform of their country, many of them as part of the Reserve Officers Training Corps - ROTC, or "Rot-C," as it's called on many campuses.
A long-forgotten piece of America's military history is going up for sale.
If you lived in Washington in the 1970s, you may have enjoyed an Italian feast - as well as a feast for the eyes - at the Bella Vista restaurant overlooking the Potomac River in Rosslyn. This penthouse-level restaurant, which closed in 1982, occupied the top of a cooperative community now known as River Place.
The Lyon Park neighborhood of Arlington, just minutes from downtown Washington, offers a vibrant community that can accommodate seemingly any lifestyle.