- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
Vaughn R. Walker
Latest Vaughn R. Walker Items
The video recording of the trial to overturn California's marriage amendment must remain sealed as promised, a three-judge appellate panel ruled Thursday.
A federal judge in San Francisco has scheduled a hearing on whether a ruling that struck down California's same-sex marriage ban should be thrown out because its author is in a same-sex relationship.
To hear them describe it, defenders of traditional marriage during last year's trial on California's Proposition 8 felt like the visiting team in a game with a hometown referee.
The sponsors of California's same-sex marriage ban said Monday that the recent disclosure by the federal judge who struck down Proposition 8 that he is in a long-term relationship with another man has given them new grounds to have his historic ruling overturned.
A man charged with killing his mother-in-law and shooting his wife and her grandmother outside a community college opened fire as his 4-year-old daughter sat with the women in a minivan, riddling the van with gunfire, police said Thursday.
A federal judge on Tuesday ordered the U.S. government to pay more than $2.5 million in lawyer fees and damages after he concluded investigators wiretapped the phones of a suspected terrorist organization without a warrant.
Call it the political equivalent of unilateral disarmament. It's when Republicans - maddeningly, mystifyingly - take a perfectly good campaign weapon off the table (or perhaps never put it on the table to begin with).
Even America's bitterest enemies understand why we mark July Fourth with parades, speeches and fireworks: to celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence. We're proud of our nation, and justifiably so.
A new report from the Schott Foundation reveals that just 47 percent of black male students earn a high school diploma on time. Ironically, this report came out shortly after Judge Vaughn R. Walker ruled on Proposition 8 and homosexual marriage in California. If the statements on which Judge Walker based his ruling are "facts," how do we explain what is happening educationally to boys in the black community, where a large majority are growing up without fathers?