- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
Latest Venezuela Items
Miami Herald reporter Jim Wyss arrived in Miami from Caracas Sunday morning after he was detained for nearly 48 hours by Venezuelan authorities.
Venezuela's government-run health care system is in shambles, with doctors sending cancer patients home and ill citizens suffering everything from tumors to glaucoma.
Paul M. Rodriguez, an investigative reporter for The Washington Times who covered the White House over three administrations, died Saturday from brain cancer. He was 61.
A former U.S. ambassador to Canada is warning President Obama that China could gain a major source of fuel if he continues to oppose an oil pipeline from Alberta to Texas.
When the world last heard from Honduras in 2009, the country had sparked a regional crisis after deposing its president, Manuel Zelaya, for his repeated illegal attempts to rewrite the Honduran Constitution as his amigo, the now-deceased autocrat Hugo Chavez, had done in Venezuela. Despite the fact that the Law Library of the U.S. Congress later found the process to be constitutional, the Obama administration joined Chavez and other radical regimes in branding Mr. Zelaya's removal a "military coup" and unleashed punitive sanctions on one of the region's poorest countries.
Thanks to R. Emmett Tyrrell Jr. for his enlightening commentary on Richard Trumka ("Richard Trumka's menagerie," Sept. 20). Mr. Trumka's effort to bring more political groups into the AFL-CIO in lieu of fixing the negatives that have hurt the union's image and workers is proof that the many top union leaders are more interested in their power than their worker members.
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro arrived in Beijing on Sunday and signed away a big part of his country's development projects to China.
Sweet talk sometimes works with coeds, never with tyrants
French officials discovered 30 colorful suitcases stuffed with 1.3 tons of pure cocaine on a flight from Caracas, Venezuela, to Paris, valuing about $270 million, CNN reported.