- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Venture Philanthropy Partners
Latest Venture Philanthropy Partners Items
Those of you paying close attention to the race for the White House probably have noticed the two concurrent themes on center stage. One is government-driven solutions; the other encompasses market-based solutions.
Demographics, economic situations and achievement levels of children in the D.C. area are changing, according to a new study, with two out of five children having at least one parent not born in the United States, child poverty levels in some areas rivaling those of developing countries and more than 14,000 older teens not going to school or working.