- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
Latest Vera Farmiga Items
In the television show "Bates Motel," Vera Farmiga's character has a dysfunctional relationship with her future serial killer son Norman, played by Freddie Highmore. In reality, Farmiga says, she and Highmore share a much healthier bond: He's even her child's godfather.
"Higher Ground" takes viewers to precincts little seen in American movies, to the heart of a small Christian community where people share the struggles of daily life as part of a tight-knit congregation.
Films starring Demi Moore, Emma Roberts, John C. Reilly and Vera Farmiga are among those competing for prizes at the Sundance Film Festival, the nation's top showcase for independent cinema.
Vera Farmiga scored a career breakthrough with an acting prize at the Sundance Film Festival seven years ago. She returns to Sundance with her directing debut, which will compete for top honors at the nation's best showcase for independent cinema.