- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Vera Items
Actor Bill Tarmey, who for 30 years played loveable rogue Jack Duckworth on the British soap opera "Coronation Street," died Friday at the age of 71, the show's producers said.
Alexandra Popoff's "The Wives" is a book that most women will love and most feminists will hate -- the story of six great Russian literary partnerships, each one consisting of a husband and wife. More particularly, it is the story of the six wives, extraordinary women in their own right as well as gifted collaborators without whom their husbands' lives and literary legacies would have been severely diminished.