- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Verizon Communications
D.C. are native Ty Lawson (hamstring) is not expected to face John Wall and the Wizards Monday night
Including Game 6 and 7 of last year's playoffs, the Capitals have been blanked by Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist three straight times.
The BB&T Classic lived up to its name as George Washington's Maurice Creek sank a buzzer-beater to knock off Maryland on Sunday afternoon.
Ailments to Nene, Kevin Seraphin and Al Harrington will make beating Denver a difficult task Monday at Verizon Center.
A right knee injury to Kevin Seraphin makes the foot injury to Nene even more significant for the Wizards, who will have no size coming off the bench if neither can play Monday.
Karl Alzner and Nate Schmidt scored their first goals of the season and Alex Ovechkin, Troy Brouwer and Eric Fehr also found the back of the net as the Caps rolled over the Nashville Predators 5-2 for their third win in four games.
The Colonials (7-1) and Terps (5-3) matchup for the 68th time and first since 2008 in the second game of the BB&T Classic doubleheader Sunday at Verizon Center. George Mason (5-3) and Oklahoma (7-1) tip-off at 1 p.m.
Instant analysis of the Capitals' 5-2 win over the Nashville Predators Saturday night at Verizon Center.
Rookie defenseman Patrick Wey will make his NHL debut tonight when the Nashville Predators visit the Capitals at VerizonCenter [7 p.m. CSN].
The local team at the year's BB&T Classic with the most impressive résumé to date, George Washington. Whether the 7-1 Colonials face Maryland at full strength on Sunday is the question.
Rookie defenseman Patrick Wey has invited his family to see his NHL debut against the Nashville Predators tonight on CSN.
Follow along with stats and live updates as the Capitals take on Nashville on Saturday night at Verizon Center. The puck drops at 7 p.m. on CSN.
Randy Wittman seemed exasperated after Friday's overtime loss to Milwaukee, and he wasn't pleased by John Wall's decision-making on defense down the stretch in the fourth quarter or execution offensively in overtime.
Karl Alzner scored his first-ever goal at Verizon Center, then challenged rookie Nate Schmidt to do the same.
Georgetown's D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera continues knocking down 3's for the Hoyas. Colgate's entire team is doing the same and at a national-leading clip.