- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions ‘murderous’
- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Verizon Communications
The biggest edge for the Bulls could be on the bench because Tom Thibodeau has been to the postseason four consecutive seasons while this is the first trip of Randy Wittman's career.
The Wizards end the regular season with a four-game winning streak by beating the Boston Celtics 118-102 and moved into a first-round playoff series with the Chicago Bulls.
The playoffs should harden this blossoming team, giving it an opportunity to gauge not only where it stands against the league's best, but also an understanding of what it will take to one day get there.
The Lightning can clinch home ice with a win today at Verizon Center. Catch the action today at 3 p.m. on CSN.
Jay Beagle recorded the first two-goal game of his NHL career and Jaroslav Halak answered his critics with a 28-save shutout.
An emerging conservative news organization launched less than a year ago has promising news. Herring Networks Inc. announced Wednesday that One America News Network, which offers national and global news plus exclusive content, has been added to the channel lineup on Verizon's FiOS TV.
The Wizards were trampled by one of the NBA's best defensive teams, shooting less than 40%, scoring a season-low 26 points in the first half and being dominated all over in a 96-78 loss to the Bulls.
Marcin Gortat tends to play better when the competition is tougher, and it won't get much more difficult than Joakim Noah of the Chicago Bulls.
Now that the Wizards are done rejoicing about making the playoffs, they have to refocus because the Knicks, who are fighting to get in, haven't beaten them all season.
The Wizards beat the Hawks 101-97 and are one more win -- or one loss by the Knicks -- from officially qualifying for the postseason for the first time since 2008.
Verizon is launching another fight with the Federal Communications Commission over what it sees as an Internet freedom crackdown — new rules aligned with net neutrality ideals that the company says actually dampen innovation.
In 1865, following the most costly war in America's history, the 13th Amendment abolished the odious institution of slavery in the United States.
Markel Starks added 14 points, and Jabril Trawick scored 12 for the Hoyas (18-14), who pulled away in the second half in the cramped confines of Georgetown's 2,500-seat practice gym.
If nothing else, Georgetown's first-round NIT victory over West Virginia shows yet again that it's just too bad the Hoyas don't have a Goldilocks-size arena.
Brooklyn was a team in a tailspin in the first two meetings won by Washington, but the roster has been revamped and the Nets are playing like a legitimate playoff team.