- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest Verizon Communications Items
The Wizards had the game under control and then lost it late in the fourth to the Mavericks, ruining their chances to have a winning record on Jan. 1 for the first time in six years.
When the Wizards play their first game of the new year, they're looking to make up for a 10-point loss in Dallas in which they couldn't contain Monta Ellis down the stretch.
Five years ago the Dallas Mavericks attempted to acquire Marcin Gortat. Now they must attempt to stop the Wizards big man in pick-and-roll situations.
Nene has never been a bench player in his 12-year career, but Garrett Temple is sure the 7-footer would accept backing up Trevor Booker as long as they're winning.
Georgetown first taste of the retooled Big East conference comes on New Year's Eve against DePaul.
The Wizards handed out Nene bobbleheads to fans on Saturday night. The mini version of the Brazilian big man had quite the adventure while the team picked up their most lopsided win of the season.
The Wizards are going for their fifth victory in six games, and their second in a row vs. the Detroit Pistons, and they hope to get rid of their losing record once and for all.
It only took Jan Vesely all of eight minutes to foul out of Saturday's game vs. the Detroit Pistons, and he also had an airball on a free throw in the first quarter that raised some eyebrows.
Otto Porter has been playing but hadn't registered a point at Verizon Center until the very end of the last game of 2013 vs. the Pistons.