- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Verrazano-Narrows Bridge
The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge is a double-decked suspension bridge that connects the boroughs of Staten Island and Brooklyn in New York City at the Narrows, the reach connecting the relatively protected upper bay with the larger lower bay. - Source: Wikipedia
Lawmakers say locals should get a discount when the new Tappan (TAP'-uhn) Zee Bridge is built over the Hudson River between Westchester and Rockland counties.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo says Staten Island residents and drivers of commercial vehicles using the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge may soon be paying reduced tolls for crossing the bridge.
In the face of withering criticism, New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and organizers of the New York City Marathon announced Friday that the race, scheduled for Sunday, will be canceled.