- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Veteran'S Day
They call him "The Bird Man," and Jimmie Granville wears it like wings of honor. There aren't many folks on the south side of Macon with more than three dozen doves living in their backyard.
Virginia is planning its first official commemoration of K-9 Veterans Day.
With some resistance, legislation giving military veterans a legal right to Veterans Day off from work advanced Wednesday in the Minnesota Legislature.
Residents of an Atlanta-area retirement home want to know why care packages they tried to send to U.S. troops overseas were left sitting in a nearby post office for months.
The man who portrayed Abraham Lincoln at the Armed Forces Day Parade and other patriotic events passed away Feb. 12 - the 16th president's birthday.
The City Council has voted to honor military veterans by declaring Veterans Day a city holiday.
Sen. Bernie Sanders, Vermont independent, said Tuesday a comprehensive veteran's reform bill could be brought up on the Senate floor as early as Thursday.
Mason City Globe Gazette. Jan. 23, 2014.
The fundraising drive for a National Guard memorial in Frankfort has hit the final stretch.
After a 30-year military career in which he earned three graduate degrees, rose to the rank of colonel, and served as an aide to Pentagon brass, Robert Freniere can guess what people might say when they learn he's unemployed and lives out of his van:
LONGMONT, Colo. (AP) — A memorial statue of a Civil War soldier in Longmont that was damaged by vandals is expected to be replaced by Veterans Day.
Could the Veteran Beer Co. be the best company ever? The microbrewer, started by Navy pilot Paul Jenkins, exists to provide jobs for veterans and provide customers with quality beer.
This column is dedicated in remembrance of a holiday that encourages us to take a step back in order to gain clarity and perspective when giving thanks for all the blessings we have come to adore.
Despite rosy platitudes from President Obama on Veterans Day, more than 700,000 former servicemen and women remain waiting for medical benefits owed to them because of a backlogged system that takes an average of 300 days to navigate.