- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Veteran'S Day Items
Virginia is planning its first official commemoration of K-9 Veterans Day.
With some resistance, legislation giving military veterans a legal right to Veterans Day off from work advanced Wednesday in the Minnesota Legislature.
The City Council has voted to honor military veterans by declaring Veterans Day a city holiday.
A new Washington memorial will pay tribute to the nation's disabled warriors
It's simply too easy to forget the women of the Greatest Generation who helped the men as we pay homage this Veterans Day. One group of such women was with the American Red Cross, and one such woman was named Elizabeth Black.
The original Armistice Day revered an illusory peace until it surrendered to a tribute to heroes of all wars
As Veterans Day arrives, members of Congress have plenty of proposals on how to honor them — including one Iowa Democrat, Rep. Bruce L. Braley, who has written a bill granting many veterans in the private sector the day off.
From sea to shining sea, the nation paid tribute to its members of the armed services Sunday, both with somber traditions such as a Virginia wreath-laying ceremony attended by President Barack Obama to honor those who didn't make it back from active duty, and more lighthearted perks including red-carpet treatment at Las Vegas casinos for those who did.
President Obama observed Veterans Day on Sunday by laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery and promising the post-9/11 generation of veterans and their families that America will care for them "as long as they walk this Earth."