- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Veterans Of Foreign Wars
Latest Veterans Of Foreign Wars Items
Former President Bill Clinton on Sunday slammed the caricatures that have been painted of his good friend Terry McAuliffe in the Virginia governor's race, even as Republican Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II seized on new details of an investment scheme in which the Democrat profited off the terminally ill.
A military family in Texas is alternately hurt and outraged at the work of a vandal who tore up and snapped poles holding a dozen American flags flying in their front yard.
A coalition of military associations on Tuesday lambasted Congress for its handling of veterans affairs in the wake of the government shutdown and demanded a permanent solution to balancing the federal budget.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of Mr. Ben B. regarding the health care services available to him at the Kansas City VA Medical Center (KCVAMC) and his family's need to purchase a wheelchair accessible vehicle.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: My name is Jim Schwartz. I work for TRICARE For Life in the Priority Benefits Department. I have recently read your last article from Mary W. in Toledo and thought that I might be able to help. Could you provide me with contact info for Mary or give her mine? I will see what we can to help her out.
Dear Sgt Shaft: My husband is a disabled Vietnam vet. He was awarded total disability effective Aug. 17, 2010, until Nov. 1, 2011, during treatment for Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL). He has PTSD and on a VA exam, the doctor said that he was not competent to handle his funds.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: We have been in combat with the VA for far too long now, since 1987. My wife was injured at boot camp in 1980 and did not receive proper care at that time. She was also the victim of Military Sexual Trauma (MST), which should expedite her claims, but has been ignored thus far.
This administration certainly loves drones, but even that ardent passion has limits. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Tuesday put a stop to production of a medal that was to be awarded to drone operators, and not a moment too soon.
You should ensure to also advise writers like Genevieve that Medicare cannot be billed for VA health care; and neither can most Medicare supplements, such as TRICARE for Life. Exception: The only situation where Medicare can be billed is quite rare. That would be when VA refers the patient to a private non-VA provider. Only then can Medicare be billed for residuals not covered by the VA.