- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Veterans Of Foreign Wars
Latest Veterans Of Foreign Wars Items
For more than 15 years, Bob Patten passed the little block building near his house - the one with the anti-aircraft gun in the parking lot - without going inside. A self-described typical Takoma Park liberal ("retired peace activist turned bicycle transportation planner"), he'd never had much reason to pay a call on the town's tiny VFW post.
Darlington Raceway has partnered with Sport Clips Haircuts to sponsor the track's NASCAR Nationwide Series race through 2016.
Police say a man found wounded by a shooting outside a Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Tucson has died.
A Veterans of Foreign Wars post in the northern Illinois community of Freeport sustained a devastating fire in early November. But the VFW Post has a new kitchen and will be ready to reopen in time for a Valentine's Day event for members.
For veterans seeking disability compensation, the application process is supposed to be so easy that a handwritten note on a napkin will initiate a claim or an appeal.
The military has stopped production of a new medal for remote warfare troops _ drone operators and cyber warfighters _ as it considers complaints from veterans and lawmakers over the award, which was ranked higher than traditional combat medals like the Purple Heart and Bronze Star.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I understand that the Pentagon has decided to issue a new Distinguished Warfare Medal which will outrank the Bronze Star and Purple Heart. Is this true?
Dear Sgt. Shaft, I was married to an Air Force officer for 22 years. During that time, he was either on active duty or in the California National Guard. I have been told that I qualify for some of my ex's military retirement benefit. Is this true?
Busy, tech-savvy and often miles from their peers, thousands of new veterans are going online to find camaraderie or get their questions answered _ forcing big changes in long-established veterans groups and inspiring entrepreneurs to launch new ones.