- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Veterans Of Foreign Wars
Latest Veterans Of Foreign Wars Items
The nation’s oldest and largest major combat veterans organization is demanding the Mexican government ensure the safe return of a Marine being held prisoner in the country and is asking Americans to put down the tacos and tequila until that happens.
Sen. Richard Burr accuses the VFW of kowtowing to the Department of Veterans Afffairs.
Officials are trying to figure out why the Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Rutland, Vermont, is closed.
Some reports show that veterans can wait up to 6 hours in ER
By the government's own estimate just last month, the average American waits about 26 minutes in a hospital emergency room before being treated. But on average, war veterans must wait twice that long for the same care at Veterans Affairs hospital centers, and a string of internal investigations suggests the ER wait times for retired troops frequently can last hours.
Authorities say the recent burglary at the Veterans of Foreign Wars facility in Huron may be connected to the burglaries of safes at a bar and a casino last year.
Someone has stolen a 100-pound bronze plaque from the front of the Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Merrimack, New Hampshire.
For more than 15 years, Bob Patten passed the little block building near his house - the one with the anti-aircraft gun in the parking lot - without going inside. A self-described typical Takoma Park liberal ("retired peace activist turned bicycle transportation planner"), he'd never had much reason to pay a call on the town's tiny VFW post.
Darlington Raceway has partnered with Sport Clips Haircuts to sponsor the track's NASCAR Nationwide Series race through 2016.