- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
Veterans Of Foreign Wars
Latest Veterans Of Foreign Wars Items
Police say a man found wounded by a shooting outside a Veterans of Foreign Wars post in Tucson has died.
A Veterans of Foreign Wars post in the northern Illinois community of Freeport sustained a devastating fire in early November. But the VFW Post has a new kitchen and will be ready to reopen in time for a Valentine's Day event for members.
For veterans seeking disability compensation, the application process is supposed to be so easy that a handwritten note on a napkin will initiate a claim or an appeal.
The military has stopped production of a new medal for remote warfare troops _ drone operators and cyber warfighters _ as it considers complaints from veterans and lawmakers over the award, which was ranked higher than traditional combat medals like the Purple Heart and Bronze Star.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I understand that the Pentagon has decided to issue a new Distinguished Warfare Medal which will outrank the Bronze Star and Purple Heart. Is this true?
Dear Sgt. Shaft, I was married to an Air Force officer for 22 years. During that time, he was either on active duty or in the California National Guard. I have been told that I qualify for some of my ex's military retirement benefit. Is this true?
Busy, tech-savvy and often miles from their peers, thousands of new veterans are going online to find camaraderie or get their questions answered _ forcing big changes in long-established veterans groups and inspiring entrepreneurs to launch new ones.
Speaking to an audience of veterans, President Obama on Monday accused Republican lawmakers of "playing politics with our military" in the administration's budget standoff with the GOP over looming cuts for defense and other programs.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I recently read that many veterans are now eligible for VA compensation as a result of legislative changes that have eased some of the previous restrictions.