- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Veterans Of Foreign Wars
Latest Veterans Of Foreign Wars Items
I have just seen Barack Obama's latest spike-the-football political ad over the death of Osama bin Laden. What a joke.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I am the widow of a deceased military, and I am eligible for the military ID. I have been renewing it periodically. There are two possible locations near Dallas, Texas, where I live where I can renew my ID card. However, when I call, no one ever answers.
A federal judge has approved a land-swap settlement of a lawsuit over a remote site in the Mojave National Preserve where war memorial crosses have been erected for decades.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I am approaching my retirement at age 60 as a retired reserve personnel. I was interested in TRICARE insurance. Now after 60, what would be my charge per month with spouse?
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I recently read that many veterans are now eligible for VA compensation as a result of legislative changes that have eased some of the previous restrictions.
Dear Sgt Shaft: I recently called the VA's 800 number and was really frustrated at the time it took to navigate to a real live person.
For American troops, the Iraq conflict has ended and the Afghanistan War is winding down at a time when the U.S. economy is struggling and unemployment statistics for veterans are stark.
For years, the Navy has been reluctant to reclaim the remains of its first 13 commandos, who perished in a failed raid on Tripoli Harbor in Libya in 1804 — but pressure has been growing in Congress to force them to do just that.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: I received an email that said that when the flag is presented to the family at a burial of a veteran, the words of presentation say: ".....on behalf of the Secretary of Defense." Is this true? I am shocked that the words no longer state "On behalf of the President of the United States.