- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Veterans Of Foreign Wars
Latest Veterans Of Foreign Wars Items
Dear Sgt Shaft: I have a brother who is currently incarcerated and receiving his 10 percent of his veteran disability benefits. He has a daughter who is 21 and is having a hard time. She would like to make a claim of apportionment. What V.A. form would she need to complete? Are there any additional proof or paper work that needs to be submitted with it?
When the last-known surviving U.S. veteran of World War I died late last month, there was no shortage of praise or accolades for the 110-year-old doughboy, although one posthumous honor seems to have escaped him — lying in state at the U.S. Capitol.
A veteran's widow would like to find out about any benefits she may have.
An ambulance carried Rep. Gabrielle Giffords along a route lined with well-wishers holding flags Friday, taking the congresswoman to a plane that will fly her to a Houston rehab hospital and her next step in recovery.
Fresh from a sunny outing that brought a smile, Gabrielle Giffords is moving to a Houston rehab center where her husband hopes the "fighter" continues on the path to a full recovery.
Gabrielle Giffords on Thursday felt the sunshine on her face for the first time since she was shot, as doctors prepared her to leave behind the Arizona hospital where she dazzled them with her rapid recovery.
I have always said that the Taliban are a bunch of hypocrites and unsophisticated individuals that used Islam as an ideology to promote a fabricated cause, attract like-minded criminals and inflame the emotions of innocent civilians. Furthermore, the Taliban have miserably failed to demonstrate that they are good for a progressive, democratic Afghanistan. Certainly, my notion of partiality is questionable since I have a clear aversion for the Taliban and what they stand for - but perhaps my prejudice is justified.
Ask most Americans about military veterans, and they will say they are thankful for the veterans' service. They cite the sacrifice and perseverance of veterans in difficult times. They want to remember those who have fallen and help those who lived - especially those wounded in battle. But often, they don't know how. As a nation, we are still learning how to do this.
The names Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer don't immediately convey the message "Support our troops." Yet somehow these leftist Democrats and other questionable characters made it onto the Veterans of Foreign Wars Political Action Committee's (VFW-PAC) 2010 list of election endorsements. In response to the scandal, VFW national Commander Richard L. Eubank sacked the entire PAC board.