- Democrat thwarts Nevada activist’s try to name peak after Reagan
- Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms
- Rogue reindeer runs from Santa, eludes police for hours
- Iran touts new laser that bolsters missile accuracy
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Deadly N.Y. train derailment leads to Senate call for cameras at tracks
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
- SWAT team at Phoenix hospital as armed man clears emergency room
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle dragged from political meeting, booted from party
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
Latest Vicente Padilla Items
The Boston Red Sox placed right-handed reliever Vicente Padilla on the 15-day disabled list with arm tightness and promoted right-hander Clayton Mortensen from Triple-A Pawtucket before their game against Texas on Wednesday.
Zack Greinke and Hanley Ramirez have already changed teams, and general managers still have a few more hours to make additional big trades. Some of the deals from the 2012 season may quickly be forgotten, but there's always the possibility of a blockbuster that can change the fortunes of a team for years. In honor of baseball's Tuesday trade deadline, here are some of the most famous (and infamous) in-season deals in baseball history _ one for each of the 30 franchises.
Alex Rodriguez sustained a broken left hand when he was hit by a pitch from Seattle ace Felix Hernandez in the Mariners' 4-2 win over the New York Yankees on Tuesday night.
A team-by-team look at the American League entering spring training, including key players each club acquired and lost, and dates of the first workout for pitchers and catchers, and the full squad:
Los Angeles Dodgers right-hander Vicente Padilla, sidelined since May 14 because of a bulging disk in his neck, is scheduled to undergo surgery Thursday.
The Los Angeles Dodgers placed closer Vicente Padilla on the 15-day disabled list Thursday because of radial nerve irritation in his forearm, and recalled Ramon Troncoso from Triple-A Albuquerque to shore up the bullpen.
Dodgers closer Jonathan Broxton will have an MRI exam of his aching elbow to determine the cause of discomfort him in recent outings.
The Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants play each other 17 times, and Clayton Kershaw figures there's no better time than the season opener for Los Angeles to measure itself against the World Series champions.
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Jon Garland is expected to miss at least a month after straining his left side during a spring training game.