- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Vicky Hartzler
Departing House Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton said Thursday that he fears a chasm will develop between U.S. military troops and the rest of the citizenry.
"I don't like to see us continuing to divide ourselves into groups," Mrs. Hartzler told the Springfield [Mo.] News-Leader. "I just think it's better to honor women's achievements — and men's achievements, and all Americans' achievements — in the American history museum."
"Happy tax day! Ugh. Time for hard working Americans to send more of their $ to Washington," Rep. Vicky Hartzler, Missouri Republican, said in a Twitter message. "We need tax reform so people can keep more."