- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Victor V. Brito
Latest Victor V. Brito Items
Metropolitan Police Department Chief Cathy L. Lanier's policy of demoting command staff without cause or a hearing has been rebuked — again — in a recent ruling by the D.C. Office of Employee Appeals.
An attorney for veteran Metropolitan Police Department Inspector Victor V. Brito says his client's demotion to captain and removal as director of disciplinary branch after he disagreed in a case sparked by a complaint by Chief Cathy L. Lanier's Facebook friend Cherita Whiting was made "without any legitimate factual basis" and violated his due process rights.