- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Victory Day
Victory Day is a common name of many different public holidays in various countries to commemorate victories in important battles or wars in the countries' history. - Source: Wikipedia
The leader of Thailand's anti-government protests said late Sunday that he has had a face-to-face talk with Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra but that he refused to back down from his movement's demand that her administration step down in favor of an appointed council.
Russian security forces in the southern city of Astrakhan said Sunday that they foiled plans by an extremist group linked to radical Islamists to carry out attacks during Victory Day holidays.