- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
Latest Vijay Singh Items
Being the last of the four majors does not mean the PGA Championship lacks excitement.
The 154 players who have qualified for the 94th PGA Championship, to be played on The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island. Two spots are being held for the winners of the Bridgestone Invitational and Reno-Tahoe Open if they are not already eligible. Otherwise, they will go to the alternates:
Mark Calcavecchia won the British Open in 1989 at Royal Troon and asked a question that surely was on everyone's mind.
At Royal Lytham & St. Annes
Golf rarely has been this mysterious when it comes to the majors.
Back when the PGA Tour season ended the first week of the November at the Tour Championship, there was growing support for a shorter season. Turns out that shorter season is not to take a break from golf, but to chase more money.
Bo Van Pelt's only victory in 309 PGA Tour events was almost three years ago on the same weekend as the 138th Open Championship. His moment of glory did not occur at Turnberry in Scotland, though. And, as a matter of fact, he still is the defending champion of the U.S. Bank Championship in Milwaukee. The tournament shut down operation after he won it.
Midway through the first day of the AT&T National at Congressional Country Club, things are heating up. The early leader among those already finished is Vijay Singh, who posted a 3-under-par score of 68 during Thursday's round.
Defending champion Fredrik Jacobson is in a familiar spot at the Travelers Championship.