- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Vikram Deivanayagam
Baylor guard LaceDarius Dunn was suspended from classes by the university Thursday amid allegations that the star player hit his girlfriend during a domestic dispute, his attorney said.
Baylor indefinitely suspended leading scorer LaceDarius Dunn on Tuesday after he surrendered to police to face an aggravated assault charge accusing him of breaking his girlfriend's jaw during an argument last week.
"Obviously one of our concerns is we don't want him to miss class," Deivanayagam said. "As of (Friday), he will not be allowed to be on campus until we have our hearing and a decision is made."
Dunn was still attending class before the university notified him of the academic suspension by e-mail Thursday, Deivanayagam said.