- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Vindalee Smith Items
A note promising a series of murders until D.C. sniper Lee Boyd Malvo is released from prison was found beneath the body of a slain pregnant woman in her Brooklyn, N.Y., apartment over the weekend. But criminal profilers say they are skeptical of the killer's professed identification with the series of shootings that terrorized the D.C. area 10 years ago.
A woman who was eight months pregnant was found stabbed to death Saturday in her apartment, the day before her wedding, police said.