- Mount Everest avalanche kills a dozen Sherpa guides
- Vice principal saved from South Korean sinking ferry found hanged
- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
Virginia Bar Association
Latest Virginia Bar Association Items
John L. Walker III has become the third member of his immediate family to serve as president of the Virginia Bar Association.
Virginia Attorney General Mark R. Herring has abandoned his client ("VA's top law official won't enforce voter-approved gay-marriage ban," Web, Jan. 23). The people of Virginia hired Mr. Herring to be their lawyer, to provide them with good counsel and to represent them to the best of his ability. However, Mr. Herring has decided that his views and wishes take precedence over those of his clients.
Just as Virginia Democrats were rounding out their statewide ticket for the fall elections this week, their party standard-bearer, Terry McAuliffe, was objecting to a rule for the first scheduled gubernatorial debate that would allow the candidates to ask each other one question.