- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Virginia Bar Association
Latest Virginia Bar Association Items
John L. Walker III has become the third member of his immediate family to serve as president of the Virginia Bar Association.
Virginia Attorney General Mark R. Herring has abandoned his client ("VA's top law official won't enforce voter-approved gay-marriage ban," Web, Jan. 23). The people of Virginia hired Mr. Herring to be their lawyer, to provide them with good counsel and to represent them to the best of his ability. However, Mr. Herring has decided that his views and wishes take precedence over those of his clients.
Just as Virginia Democrats were rounding out their statewide ticket for the fall elections this week, their party standard-bearer, Terry McAuliffe, was objecting to a rule for the first scheduled gubernatorial debate that would allow the candidates to ask each other one question.