- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
Virginia Commerce Bank
Latest Virginia Commerce Bank Items
Superlow mortgage interest rates have plenty of homeowners scrambling to contact lenders about refinancing, but not every homeowner can or should refinance. Mortgage experts say homeowners should ask themselves some questions and consider their goals before applying for a new mortgage.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell wasted little time in exercising his new right to add members to the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority's board of directors, announcing appointments less than a week after federal legislation creating the positions was signed.
Decades ago, consumers who wanted to buy a home had to meet with their local banker, prove they had the income and assets required to purchase property and make a substantial down payment before obtaining approval for a home loan. Today's homebuyers may have the option of making a lower down payment, but they face a more complex mortgage-approval process.